ACCUA HPP SOLUTIONS®
The main advantage of high-pressure processing is the extension of the shelf life without altering the organoleptic qualities of the natural product. This is achieved as the temperature throughout the process is maintained at refrigeration levels.
JUICES AND BEVERAGES
The non-heat processing maintains the original qualities of the product, which allows a high quality range to be created. Furthermore, different types of products can be processed:
- Juices, Smoothies…
- Fruit-based waters
- Vegetable soups
- Functional, sport and energy beverages
- Probiotic beverages and fermented beverages
- Vegetable milks
- Coffee, teas and cold infusions
This is a great tool for the manufacture of high value-added products: Premium, export, RTE, natural and/or organic, 4th or 5th range.
- Sauces and dips
- Fruit preparations, purées and coulis
- Vegetable-based ready meals
Fish and shellfish
The high-pressure process is used for opening molluscs, extracting crustacean meat and fish ready meals.
Oysters, clams, mussels, lobster, king prawns, crabs, prawns, salmon, cod, RTE products are examples of products that are currently high-pressure processed.
Some of the examples of high-pressure processed products that can be currently found on the market:
- Slices, chopped or whole,
- cured products
- raw meats
- ready meals
HPP is a valid technique for Ready-To-Eat products in flexible and sealed packaging such as, for example, thermoformed containers or trays, tubs or bags. Current applications include a good number of minimally processed products without artificial ingredients, such as:
- Salads based on cooked vegetables, peas, beans, chickpeas, shoots, etc.
- Salads with meat, chicken or fish, protein strips for salads,
- Humus, tabbouleh, guacamole, dips,
- Culinary bases and dishes, restaurant and catering applications,
- Starters and dishes based on pasta or rice with vegetables, with fish or with meat,
- Ready meal trays and kits for ready meals
By means of this non-heat process we can maintain the freshness of milk products and destroy the pathogenic micro-flora that spoils the product and extend the shelf life of the product.
- Milk, yoghurt and cheese
- Sandwich fillings
- Colostrum beverages
Baby food is a developing sector. The nutrients such as the vitamins, minerals and enzymes of the foods remain intact. Preservatives are not required.
When tasting this food, the baby enjoys a fresher nearly home-made taste, and the textures and fibres remain intact.
As regards food safety the immense pressure applied in the HPP process destroys any potential pathogen, this is why the high pressures extend the shelf life.
HPP keeps the food as fresh as possible which increases the bioavailability of the nutrient content
Pharmacy and cosmetics
The main advantages of HPP in the pharmaceutical-cosmetic sector are:
- New vaccines
- New drugs
- Hypoallergenic products
Benefits of the
- The nutritional and functional properties of the product remain intact.
- Extension of the shelf lifewithout altering the functionality of the beneficial molecules. In some cases, the shelf life can be extended between 2 and 8 times depending on each product.
- “Clean Labels”, eliminates the need to include additives for preservation, as during the process the pathogenic and spoiling vegetative flora are eliminated.
- The process is used on vacuum packed products in skin trays or in plastic bottles, bags, or tubs.
- It allows product development with the “natural”, “organic”, and “without preservatives“ stamp.
- Potential to develop innovative and/or functional products. The functional molecules sensitive to heat treatment maintain their activity after high-pressure processing.
- Protection of the brand Food safety in “ready to eat” products. Ideal for products with high contamination risk such as slices, strips or cubes.
- Export of products to the most demanding market such as USA, Japan, etc. The high sensory, nutritional and microbiological quality together with their long shelf life means they are “Premium ” products and ideal for export.
HPP IN ACCUA, S.L.
Polígono Albitxuri, 4
20870 Elgoibar (Guipúzcoa) Spain
664 549 479